Sydney College of Divinity
As a Member Institute of the Sydney College of Divinity, Booth College students are able to borrow from these other SCD Member Institute libraries:
Emmaus Bible College Library,
Catholic Institute of Sydney,
Booth College Library,
John D. Fulton Library,
Urquhart Memorial Library,
Good Shepherd College,
St Andrew's Greek Orthodox Theological College,
Mueller College of Ministries,
SCD Korean School of Theology,
Tabor College NSW.
The Common Catalogue brings together in one search engine all the library catalogues of the above libraries.
How to use the Common Catalogue
Go to http://scdcat.vdxhost.com/scd/
Choose which libraries you would like to search or Select All and then choose either Standard Search or Advanced Search. Refine your search using Show Best Results.
Local public libraries
- All students are strongly encouraged to be members of their local public library. Membership is free and gives you access to a range of resources and services.
- If you are a residential student at Booth College your local library is Rockdale City Library, with a branch at 24 Shaw St Bexley North, ph: (02) 9562 1814.
- You can use your public library membership card to register online at the State Library of NSW which provides you with 24 hour access to the State Library Databases and you can borrow some resources from the State Library through your local public library. Check with your local public library for fees and charges.
State Library of New South Wales
- Students living in New South Wales are able to join the State Library of NSW for free. This can be done online through the State Library of NSW website http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/using/access/register_card.html
- A State Library of NSW card gives you access to a wide range of e-resources, including databases in the areas of religion and sociology. These can be accessed at: http://www2.sl.nsw.gov.au/eresources/
- Booth College Library staff, can provide you with assistance in accessing the online resources through the State Library of NSW.
National Library of Australia
- All Australian residents, with an Australian address can apply for a free National Library of Australia card
- You can search the National Library of Australia catalogue and access their free online resources. Details are available at https://www.nla.gov.au/getalibrarycard/
- The National Library of Australia provides free access to the catalogues of libraries throughout Australia through a service called “Trove”: Find and get over 270,645,090 Australian and online resources, including: books, images, historic newspapers, maps, music, archives and more http://trove.nla.gov.au/
- The National Library of Australia has a wide range of databases and Eresources which you can find at http://www.nla.gov.au/app/eresources/ and includes a helpful tutorial.
- Booth College Library staff, can provide you with assistance in accessing the online resources through the National Library of Australia and searching Trove.