T7231 The Person and Work of Christ
- Unit Code & NameT7231 The Person and Work of Christ
- DescriptionThis unit is designed to provide an understanding of the person and saving work of Jesus Christ. It seeks to explore this understanding in the light of contemporary Christian thought and life.
It examines methodological issues and/or foundational concepts in Christology and Soteriology especially the Christological and Soteriological themes in the New Testament. It traces the evolution of Christological and Soteriological doctrine and the development of the theological understanding of the person and saving work of Jesus Christ. Contemporary issues in Christology and Soteriology are addressed as well as implications for Ecclesiology and the Christian Life.
- Semester3, 2017
- Delivery ModeOnline
- DateAn initial online tutorial on 31 August from 7.30pm to 8.30pm AEST, will include discussion of suitable dates and times for subsequent online tutorials.
- Lecturer(s) Adam Couchman
- PrerequisitesT7101 Introduction to Theology or T7105 Introduction to Christian Doctrines
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the person and saving work of Christ in the New Testament
2. Demonstrate a critical awareness of the evolution of Christological and soteriological doctrine
3. Analyze source documents and theological literature relevant to Christology and Soteriology
4. Critically explore issues in Christology and Soteriology in the context of contemporary culture and religion and
5. Apply Christological and Soteriological insights to the Christian spiritual life and discipleship.