T7231 The Person and Work of Christ
- Unit Code & NameT7231 The Person and Work of Christ
- DescriptionThis course unit is designed to provide students with an understanding of the person and saving work of Jesus Christ. It seeks to explore this understanding in the light of contemporary Christian thought and life.
- Semester3, 2017
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Lecturer(s) Adam Couchman
- PrerequisitesT7101 Introduction to Pastoral Theology & Ministry or T7105 Introduction to Christian Doctrines
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the person and saving work of Christ in the New Testament
2. Demonstrate a critical awareness of the evolution of Christological and soteriological doctrine
3. Analyze source documents and theological literature relevant to Christology and Soteriology
4. Critically explore issues in Christology and Soteriology in the context of contemporary culture and religion and
5. Apply Christological and Soteriological insights to the Christian spiritual life and discipleship.