T7105 Introduction to Christian Doctrine
- Unit Code & NameT7105 Introduction to Christian Doctrine
- DescriptionThis course unit introduces students to the beliefs of the Christian tradition, enabling them to explore their faith within the context and shape of that tradition. It provides a foundation for all future theology course units.
- Semester3, 2017
- Delivery ModeOnline, Class
- Lecturer(s) Assoc Prof Glen O'Brien
- Learning ActivitiesLectures, readings, quizzes, tutorials, student presentations
- AssessmentsQuizzes, class presentation and essay
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Identify the major doctrines within a particular Christian tradition
2. Distinguish the core doctrines from alternatives held in other Christian traditions
3. Demonstrate an ability to think and reflect theologically
4. Analyse the writing of relevant theological thinkers and texts
5. Apply insights from their study to Christian life and ministry
- Text BooksMcGrath, Alister. Theology: the Basics. 3rd edition. Oxford: Blackwell, 2011.
McGrath, Alister. Theology: the Basic Readings. 2nd edition. Oxford: Blackwell, 2011.
The Salvation Army Handbook of Doctrine 2010. London: Salvation Army Publishing, 2010.