P8572 Spiritual Leadership
- Unit Code & NameP8572 Spiritual Leadership
- DescriptionThis class is a journey through Biblical and contemporary literature with a goal of identifying key aspects that makes leadership spiritual. The context of our exploration will be our personal life in leadership.
This course unit is designed to challenge and inspire students to actively serve as spiritual leaders. It will examine the significant ways that secular leadership intersects with biblical principles and values, examine their current approach to leadership, and reflect on how they might lead at a higher level.
- DisciplineChristian Life and Ministry
- Semester1, 2017
- Delivery ModeOnline
- DateFortnightly Thursdays, starting 9 February, 7.00pm - 8.30pm
- Learning ActivitiesThis unit involves readings, discussions on-line with 5 required sessions as a group on-line for synchronous discussion on questions raised in the posted material.
- AssessmentsParticipants will prepare a creative presentation (e.g. poster, power point, drama, sculpture, poem, song), present a tutorial and prepare a Self-Assessment Profile and Professional Development Plan based on a questionnaire.
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the biblical, traditional, theological and personal foundations of Christian leadership
2. Engage critically with a personal understanding of spiritual leadership
3. Examine one's own strengths and areas requiring growth and development
4. Critique the various models of spiritual leadership and develop a working model for their own faith community
5. Formulate the relationship between the spiritual leader and those served by leadership, within cultural and institutional contexts