P8562 Administrative Leadership and Management in Ministry
- Unit Code & NameP8562 Administrative Leadership and Management in Ministry
- DescriptionThis unit focuses on the leadership and management of organisations and how leadership and management principles can be implemented into ministry contexts. Leadership and management theories and principles will be reviewed including areas such as strategic planning, governance and organisational structure, human resource management, facilities management and communication.
This graduate course unit aims to provide students with an understanding of administrative leadership and management as it applies to varying ministry contexts.
- DisciplineChristian Life and Ministry
- Semester2, 2017
- Delivery ModeIntensive
- Date26 - 30 June, 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Lecturer(s) Dr Peter Dobson
- Learning ActivitiesLearning activities include engagement with set readings as per reading plan, reflection, intensive face-to-face classes which will include lectures, discussion, exercises, and presentations.
- AssessmentsReading reflections, compilation of a ministry portfolio and essay
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Display perceptive understanding of the administrative tasks of leadership and pastoral ministry
2. Summarise management principles as they relate to organisational relationships in a ministry context
3. Facilitate the development of vision, mission and strategic plans for a ministry context
4. Plan and coordinate administrative tasks for a ministry context
5. Show a critical appreciation of the contribution that management principles bring to the administrative roles of ministry
- Text BooksNo textbook is required for this unit