P8511 Developing Youth Ministry
- Unit Code & NameP8511 Developing Youth Ministry
- DescriptionIn this unit we look at discipling our young people to be followers of Christ and preparing them for leading others.
This course unit provides students with strategies for establishing a culture of discipleship and leadership development within the youth group. The unit guides them in the practice of recruiting and training youth leaders as well as building student leaders.
- DisciplineChristian Life and Ministry
- Semester1, 2017
- Delivery ModeOnline
- DateFortnightly on Wednesdays, starting on 8 February, from 7.15pm to 8.30pm.
- Lecturer(s) Dr Christine Unicomb
- Learning ActivitiesOnline subject with readings, discussion forums, virtual classroom sessions, video clips.
- AssessmentsAssessments will include discussion of readings, writing a paper suitable for a conference on discipling youth and working with training materials.
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Exhibit an advanced understanding of the key principles and strategies for making disciples in youth ministry
2. Understand knowledge of recent developments in the area of faith development & discipleship in youth
3. Exhibit an advanced understanding and professional practice of the importance of developing a relational approach to youth ministry
4. Exercise advanced skills in applying models for equipping youth for leadership and ministry
5. Apply knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative in the area of discipleship and mentoring of young people and leaders