P7272 Pastoral Ministry in Context
- Unit Code & NameP7272 Pastoral Ministry in Context
- DescriptionOften in pastoral ministry one may find oneself in a position of not knowing how to respond to situations. This subject will expand one's understanding of common issues faced in pastoral ministry and provide you with a method for reflecting theologically on these issues in order to develop a better informed pastoral response.
This unit develops the students knowledge and experience of pastoral ministry, providing opportunities for personal development and insight into appropriate interventions for specific ministry situations. It is intended that this unit will expand the students capacity to reflect theologically on their response to everyday pastoral situations.
- DisciplineChristian Life and Ministry
- Semester2, 2017
- Delivery ModeIntensive
- Date19-23 June, 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Lecturer(s) Dr Christine Unicomb
- Prerequisites9 credit points in P units
- Learning ActivitiesLectures, discussions, video clips, personal learning journal
- AssessmentsAssessments may include written work such as an essay, a case study with theological reflection, personal reflections
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Analyse and discuss pastoral issues that arise throughout the life cycle
2. Demonstrate the ability to apply pastoral theology to pastoral issues
3. Research and critique principles of ethical behaviour and self-care in pastoral ministry
4. Develop appropriate interventions for issues that arise in pastoral ministry.
5. Critically reflect on personal responses to issues that arise in pastoral ministry
- Text BooksNo set text, various selected readings