P7210 Children's Ministry
- Unit Code & NameP7210 Children's Ministry
- DescriptionThis course unit aims to introduce the student to the field of children's ministry. It provides a theoretical and practical framework for ministry among children in church and community settings.
- DisciplineChristian Life and Ministry
- Semester3, 2017
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Lecturer(s) Dr Christine Unicomb
- Learning ActivitiesWeekly class notes, class presentations, online discussions and video clips
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Explain the basic concepts of Children's ministry as a missional activity of the local Church
2. Explain the basic features of the learning characteristics, overall development and appropriate stages of faith of children.
3. Discover and use contemporary resources and techniques to nurture, manage, and ensure safety in children's ministry in congregational and community settings
4. Demonstrate broad familiarity with a variety of Children's ministry approaches in congregational and community settings
5. Implement children's ministry programs where children are full participants in their faith communities and where children's spiritual and religious formation is nurtured in their homes and their Church
- Text BooksCsinos, David M., and Ivy Beckwith. Children's Ministry in the Way of Jesus. Downer's Grove: IVP, 2013.