M9697 Seminar (Research students present readings)
- Unit Code & NameM9697 Seminar (Research students present readings)
- DescriptionThis course unit enables students to read or research in greater depth a particular topic, to present the results of this reading or research to their peers and to engage in analytical discussion on the topic.
A seminar is a class of students and an academic staff member that meets regularly. A seminar has no lectures. Students discuss assigned readings or their research and take an active role in their learning.
- DisciplineChristian Life and Ministry
- Semester2, 2017
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Lecturer(s) Dr Evelyn Hibbert
- Prerequisites36 credit points
- Learning ActivitiesSeminars, Seminar Presentation and Participation, Tutorials, Student Presentations
- Learning Outcomes At the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the area chosen for consideration
2. Display well-developed skills of researching in a particular area
3. Evaluate the topic under consideration using the methodologies of the subject area
4. Present the results of the research to others and sustain extended argumentation on the topic
5. Evaluate the pertinent theological, ministerial and social implications of the topic