M9685 Introduction to Cross-Cultural Mission
- Unit Code & NameM9685 Introduction to Cross-Cultural Mission
- DescriptionThis course unit explores worldview and intercultural communication from theological and practical perspectives. It will help students understand their own worldviews and those of others, and assist them in effective cross-cultural ministry and mission at home or abroad.
- DisciplineChristian Life and Ministry
- Semester3, 2017
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Lecturer(s) Dr Evelyn Hibbert
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Examine the concept of culture, and explain principles of cross-cultural communication from an interdisciplinary perspective
2. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the theological and theoretical foundations of intercultural ministry and mission, with reference to recent developments in the field
3. Analyse a range of cross-cultural situations, discerning assumptions and values underlying surface cultural forms and behaviour
4. Develop culturally sensitive strategies for dealing with the complexities of cross-cultural ministry and mission
5. Apply principles learned in this unit to strengthening Christian ministry and mission in cross-cultural setting.