M7285 Introduction to Cross-Cultural Mission
- Unit Code & NameM7285 Introduction to Cross-Cultural Mission
- DescriptionThis unit explores worldview and intercultural communication from theological and practical perspectives.
It examines the biblical precedents for cross-cultural mission, develops a theology of cross-cultural ministry and mission, provides an understanding of culture and worldview, models of culture types, identifies personal culture and worldview, culture shock and reverse culture shock, communication theory: dangers of miscommunication, aspects of cross-cultural communication, including language and non-verbal communication; influence of social structures on communication; relationship of medium and message; and the distinction between form and function church and culture and contextualisation, indigenisation and enculturation in cross-cultural ministry and mission.
- DisciplineChristian Life and Ministry
- Semester3, 2017
- Delivery ModeOnline
- DateSome live online tutorials may be scheduled - dates and times to be negotiated between students and the lecturer. The tutorials are optional.
- Lecturer(s) Dr Evelyn Hibbert