A8501 Critical Thinking and Writing
- Unit Code & NameA8501 Critical Thinking and Writing
- DescriptionThis foundational course unit provides structured, practical instruction in the nature and skills of critical thinking and writing in a theological context.
- Semester2, 2017
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Lecturer(s) Assoc Prof Glen O'Brien
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the nature of critical thinking, memory, and the relationship between thought and knowledge;
2. Critically analyse arguments, draw deductively valid conclusions in the context of complex argumentation, critically analyse qualitative and quantitative data;
3. Explore the nature of creative thinking and hypotheses testing and demonstrate a pronounced ability to apply critical thinking skills to research and essay writing;
4. Widely access research repositories and assess their relevance for particular purposes and organise research data in a systematic and coherent fashion;
5. Demonstrate the worth of personal systems or processes utilised for critical writing and research.