The Master of Theology (Coursework) enables students with an undergraduate degree in theology or ministry to apply an advanced body of knowledge in theology and its associated disciplines.
Students deepen their engagement with select areas of study to prepare them for professional practice and further learning.
- Request Information
- DurationTwo years full-time or up to five years part-time
- Structure10 standard postgraduate units
- Fees$2,400 per unit
- Admission CriteriaSuccessful completion of the Bachelor of Theology or the Bachelor of Ministry or the Master of Divinity, or an equivalent theological qualification (a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma does not satisfy the admission requirements for this award).
- Admission DatesAdmissions for first semester 2018 close on Friday 16 February 2018. Admissions for second semester 2018 close on Friday 20 July 2018.
The Master of Theology (Coursework) is an AQF Level 9 Masters Degree. It is
- fully accredited through the University of Divinity
- qualifies for Austudy and FEE-HELP assistance
- available to overseas students (CRICOS Code 029680K)
- available online and on campus
Research Units, Research Essay and Research Project units are available. Any plans to do such units must be discussed with the Dean at least two months prior to commencement.
The Salvation Army personnel may be eligible for finanacial assistance through the Course Assistance Board (CAB). Interested applicants should submit a signed CAB Form to email@example.com. All submitted CAB forms must be signed by the line manager/division to demonstrate the support of the applicant's department/corps/division.
Application for the Master of Theology (Coursework) is made to the Registrar. The Registrar can be contacted on +61 03 9847 5400 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Master of Theology (Coursework) summary information (opens to the external University of Divinity site)
Graduates who have completed a Research Essay to a specified standard may be eligible for admission to higher degrees by research.