Academic DeanCert IV (TAA), MBBS (USyd), MEd (USQ), MA (Arabic and Islamic Studies) (USyd), EdD (UNE)
Areas of Expertise
Evelyn is a missiologist and adult educator. She worked as a missionary in the Middle East and Eastern Europe for 12 years. As pioneer church planters among the Turkish-speaking minorities in Bulgaria, she and her husband, Richard, were involved in establishing new missionary teams and also setting up theological and leadership training for an indigenous movement of thousands of people who became Christians following the fall of Communism.
Following this, Evelyn and her husband were invited to become part of the international leadership group for WEC International. For six years they were involved in strategic planning, consultation and training for this organisation of approximately 2000 workers, from 70 countries, working in 60 countries around the world. As part of this role, Evelyn was involved in the review of WEC International’s missionary training colleges and other training programs, and also developed an innovative in-ministry training program for cross-cultural church planters which was fully accredited under the Australian vocational education system.
In recent years, Evelyn has worked in various roles at Western Sydney University (WSU) with a particular focus on developing academic literacy and positive learning environments. She was also responsible for managing the process of achieving WSU and government accreditation for all the degrees offered by the WSU School of Education.
- Hibbert, R.Y., & Hibbert, E.C. (in press) Managing conflict in a multicultural team. Evangelical Missions Quarterly
- Zammit, K., Vickers, M., Hibbert, E., & Power, C. (in press). Equity Buddies: building communities of practice to support transition and retention of first-year students into university. In J. McDonald & A. Cater-Steel (Eds), Communities of Practice – Facilitating Social Learning in Higher Education. Springer Higher Education Dynamics Series
- Hibbert, E.C., & Hibbert, R.Y. (2016) Training Missionaries: Principles and Possibilities. William Carey Library
- Hibbert, E.C., & Hibbert, R.Y. (2016) Mobilizing new missionaries. Evangelical Missions Quarterly, April, 172-179
- Hibbert, R.Y., & Hibbert, E.C. (2016) Diagnosing Church Health across Cultures: A Case Study of Turkish Gypsy Churches in Bulgaria. Missiology: An International Review. 44(3):243-256. doi:10.1177/0091829616639322
- Power, C., & Hibbert, E.C. (2016) Student-facilitated transition: fostering empowered collectives. Journal of Academic Language and Learning, 10(1):35-47
- Hibbert, R.Y., Hibbert, E.C., & Silberman, T. (2015) The journey towards long-term missionary service: How Australian missionaries are being called and choose mission agencies. Missiology: An International Review 43(4): 469-482. DOI 10.1177/0091829615584189
- Hibbert, E.C. (2014). Considering a gendered approach to church planting in Muslim-background contexts. Missiology: An International Review, first published on December 11, 2014 as doi:10.1177/0091829614563061
- Hibbert, E.C., & Hibbert, R.Y. (2014) Leading Multicultural Teams: William Carey Library.
- Hibbert, R. Y., & Hibbert, E. C. (2014). Assessing the need for better integration in theological education. Proposals, progress, and possibilities from the medical education model. In L. Ball & J. R. Harrison (Eds.), Learning and teaching theology: Some ways ahead. Sydney: Morning Star Publishing.
- Hibbert, R.Y., & Hibbert, E.C. (2014) Contextualising Sin for Cross-Cultural Evangelism. Missiology: An International Review 42: 309-321.
- Hibbert, R.Y., & Hibbert, E.C. (2014) Expanding and Applying Tippett’s Model of Conversion to Groups of Converts from Other Major Religions. Australian Journal of Mission Studies 8(2): 34-41
- Hibbert, R.Y., & Hibbert, E.C. (2014) Nurturing Missionary Learning Communities. Association of Professors of Mission 2014. University of Northwestern, Saint Paul, MN: First Fruits Press.
- Hibbert, E.C., & Hibbert, R.Y. (2013) Is it time? How to know when to leave the field. Evangelical Missions Quarterly 49: 264-271.
- Hibbert, E.C. (2006). Designing training for adults. in R. Brynjolfson & J. Lewis (Eds.), Integral ministry training : Design and evaluation (pp. 51-64). Pasadena, Calif.: William Carey Library.
p| 02 9502 0432